Pro Bail Bonds’ rates have been properly filed with the California Department of Insurance. Every branch office has our rates posted clearly in full view.
According to California law, charging improper rates for bail bonds is illegal. The rates shown below are the ones Pro Bail Bonds charges for all clients.
California State Bond Rates
* Bonds where the liability is $500.00 or less will be charged a rate of $50.00. Bonds over the amount of $500.00 will be charged 10% of the total liability.
Federal Bond Rates
* Federal bonds where the liability is $450.00 or less will be charged at a rate of $50.00. Bonds over the amount of $450.00 will be charged 12% of the total liability.
Qualified Discount Rates – Unions, Military, Private Defense Counsel, AARP
* Federal and state bonds with liability of $600.00 or less will be charged at a rate of $50.00. Bonds over the amount of $600.000 will be charged eight percent of the total liability – a 20 percent savings.
* Union: Any defendant or indemnitor who is a member in good standing of a union is eligible for the union discount. Membership must be verified through the presentation of a current union card. Minimum premiums are still $50 per bond.
* Private Defense Counsel: Any practicing defense attorney retained by the defendant or on the defendant’s behalf qualifies for the counsel discount. Minimum premiums are still $50 per bond.
* Military: The military discount is available to active duty personnel, veterans, and immediate family members. “Immediate family members” includes parents, children, and spouses. Minimum premiums are still $50 per bond.
* AARP: Any AARP member in good standing (defendant or indemnitor) qualifies for the AARP discount. Membership to be verified by a valid identification card. Minimum premiums are still $50 per bond.
* Immigration bonds will be charged 15 percent of the bond’s total liability, plus a $100 execution fee, with a minimum premium of $100.
Premiums For All Bonds
Minimum premiums for regular state and federal bonds is $50 each; the minimum premium for immigration bonds is $100 each.